The sun is out, the kids are out of school, and we can see summer sprawled out in front of us full of lazy days, fun outings, and a chance to reconnect with our kids after a year of school and schedules and activities and busyness. I always look forward to summer with some joy, and often a lot of worry about how to make the most of the time off of school. There are lots of things I put on hold during the school year because we just don’t have time, and no matter how much I try to avoid it, my kids always seem to be on the edge of over scheduled.
So when summer comes, it’s time to make plans to be sure we can fit all the things we want to do into the 10 short weeks with the kids at home and under my direction.
A little planning and organization can turn a good summer into a great one.
- Step 1: Make Summer Bucket Lists
- Step 2: Set up Summer Chores
- Step 3: Plan Some Summer Learning
- Step 4: Set Summer Reading Goals
- Step 5: Make a Boredom Plan
- Step 6: Create a Summer Schedule
Embrace Screen Time This Summer
Are your kids asking for screen time all the time now that school is out? Surprise them and tell them yes! They can pick from any one of these excellent activities using screens.
- Embrace Screen Time This Summer: Be Creative
- Embrace Screen Time This Summer: Make It Educational
- Embrace Screen Time This Summer: Connect