Your Trip Clip Magnet Board can hang on any magnetic surface, like your refrigerator.
If your fridge isn’t magnetic, or if you want your chart to be in your child’s room, a cookie sheet works great, and you can buy a cookie sheet for just $1 at DollarTree.
Heather also used a $1 cookie sheet, though she painted hers first and then screwed it to the wall to use the back of the cookie sheet to put her girls’ magnet boards side by side:
Another customer bought a magnetic white board ($18) and drew her own To Do / Done frame to use with magnets from The Trip Clip:
You can also use the Magnetic Checklist Activity to make a VELCRO board.
Here’s how you can do this yourself for just $15:
- Instead of buying the Magnet Bundle, buy 5 Website Activities from The Trip Clip. ($5)
- Once you have an account on the website, click Activities in the menu bar, and go to the Magnetic Checklist Activity. Click Add to add this activity to your account.
- Print your To Do / Done Board by clicking the To Do / Done radio button under Print Settings on the left side of the screen. You’ll be able to put your child’s name at the top of the board and choose the color for the name before you print.
- Trim your To Do / Done board to 10 in x 7.5 in.
- Laminate your To Do / Done Board with a laminating machine, or with these self-adhesive laminating sheets. ($7)
- Go back to the Magnetic Checklist Activity and this time select “Magnet Stamps” under Print Settings.
- Print, laminate, and cut apart your custom stamps.
- Apply VELCRO dots to your To Do / Done Board and your Magnet stamps. The ones I recommend here are just the right size/sticky-ness to work well with a VELCRO board hanging on the wall. ($3)
- Hang up your To Do / Done Board anywhere you like and you’re ready to go!