A visual school schedule is a great way to help kids know what to expect from their school day. It’s great for kids with ADHD, Asperger’s, and Autism. It’s also great for kids being home schooled! With over 75 images to choose from you can easily make a visual schedule of your child’s day.
A visual schedule offers many things to special needs kids:
- There is comfort in knowing what is coming next. Being able to see the events of the day can help them track their progress, and will also ease transitions.
- A visual schedule helps with time concepts like first, next, and last.
- Most people learn best when they both hear the information, and see the information. A visual schedule can reinforce auditory instructions about what is coming next.
- The combination of letters and words can help with literacy development.
- A visual schedule can help teach executive functioning skills like planning, organizing, and time management.